Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

put a cork on it.

Which is to say, jewelry storage. Okay, okay, I'll admit it, I'm kind of a neat freak. My house is cluttered sometimes, but deep down, I thrill at organizing things. So, of course, the jumbled mess of earrings and necklaces topped off with bangles drives me crazy. And a quest was born to find the best way to organize my jewelry for me.

First, as a pre-teen, I tried the mesh wire stands they sell at Claire's. It was lime green.

Then, with an inspiring picture from an Apartment Therapy house tour, I tried stringing wire across inside my bathroom cabinet and hanging earrings on that. The earrings fell off.

[from Apartment Therapy, I think?]

And, finally, I saw a picture from a Selby set, and loved the idea of hanging earrings and necklaces and bracelets like a collection of bugs. Entomological jewelry storage reminiscent of natural curiosities? Yes. That was it.

[From Selby, I think?]

I used an old picture frame with nothing in it, and slipped some thin pieces of cork cut to size that I bought at the local chain craft store. Nail in the wall, and done.

[mine.]

No comments:

Post a Comment